Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter preparations...

The night before Easter sure was a crazy one! We didn't get started on ANYTHING until probably 7pm, or even later, I can't remember! We started with mixing some batter for our mini cupcakes. Dom was really excited about helping out, while Porter was sorta afraid of the mixer. I took pics of most of the process, sans the batter itself.
It was a process for sure. So many things going on at one time! Two batches of cupcakes, boiled two batches of eggs, colored eggs, and then I put their baskets together! I also made deviled-eggs and forgot to put them in the fridge!
K, on to the pics!
Like I said, Dom was having so much fun!
Photobucket
He liked helping color the icing too, but I knew if I stopped to take a pic, his hands would be in them!
Photobucket
Photobucket
They were kinda cute, right!?
Photobucket
This is out of order of the process, but they got decorated after the kiddos were asleep, and after the coloring of the eggs.
Photobucket

And now we move on the coloring of the Easter eggs! This was kinda rushed as it was after bedtime and I had water boiling for more eggs to make deviled eggs. But you get the idea.
It was hell keeping Dom's fingers out of the dye!
Photobucket
Admiring our work!
Photobucket
And because I like to humor myself into thinking I take good pics...
Photobucket
They were sorta messy and nothing to brag about, but it was fun!

I have some cute shots from Easter itself, but I think that's for another post. I need to get the boys in their jammies and send them off to bed. Just thought I'd share some of these before the next holiday! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment